Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sick little monster

So everyday I text Brandy a few times (or a few hundred) to see how Daxton is doing. Yesterday she told me he was being a little monster and was into everything, not listening when she told him "no."...typical 18 month old boy stuff I guess. She also said that he didn't seem too interested in eating lunch so he had just kind of been snacking on some string cheese and yogurt. Well, at about 4:15 she calls me to tell me that he just threw up everywhere! So, I tie up some things at work and head home to get him thinking to myself "please don't let him have a stomach bug....none of us can afford to be sick right now." So I get there to pick him up and he's running around the house in his diaper (because his clothes are in the washer). He is acting perfectly normal and Brandy tells me that he has been happy and playing every since he threw up! Crazy! He didn't eat much dinner and he was kind of clingy and whiney, which isn't totally abnormal evening behavior for him. So I gave him a bath, we read some books and he went to bed. At about 10:00 he woke up screaming and cranky and obviously MAD about something. He didn't want to be held, didn't want to be put down, didn't want a drink, wouldn't take any medicine....nothing was making him happy! So, finally at 11:00 he let me rock him for a few minutes and then I tried very slowly to lay him down...didn't work, he went to screaming again! But, I ran out of the room and within less than 30 seconds he was asleep. Poor little guy, who knows what's going on with him this time! Teeth maybe??? He is cutting his first molars, and has been for a while. That could definitely have something to do with the 10:00 scream fest, not sure about the throwing up though. Hopefully today and tonight go a little smoother for him, and for Ty and I!

No comments:

Post a Comment