Sunday, February 22, 2009

ER Visit...

So, most of you know that Ty coaches my nephew's little league basketball team with my brother, nine and ten year olds.  They practice every Tuesday and Thursday night and they have games on Saturdays.  Well, this past Thursday was their last practice.  I had gotten Daxton laid down (though he wasn't asleep yet) and I was just sitting down to do some homework when my phone rings.  It was my brother and he said "you need to get dressed."  I told him I was dressed, I don't usually just sit around the house naked! HA!  He said, "well, Ty broke his finger."  Okay, so this is where my mind starts going 100 mph.  First I think, okay he's joking....because that is TOTALLY something my brother would do to me.  Then I think, well it might be hurt but Ty might be over-reacting, because that's something Ty would do.  Then I remembered when my brother broke 3 of his fingers (also playing basketball) when we were younger and how they were all smashed and crooked and DEFINITELY broken.  So I said, "you mean broken like yours were broken?"  And he said yes!  So, I immediately hang up and call my mom, who didn't answer! AAHHHHH!!!  So I call my dad, he answers and tells me my mom is still at work!  At 7:30 at night??  What's up with that?  No time to talk about it, I asked him to please come over and sit with Daxton while I take Ty to the hospital.  So, my dad shows up before Ty even gets home, GO DAD!  In the mean time, I am on our insurance website trying to see if there are any minor emergency clinics open near us.  There weren't and after Ty got home and I saw his finger, I immediately realized minor emergency wouldn't cut it... we were going to the ER!  So, we hop in the car and off we go to Norman Regional.  We get stuck in traffic for 30 minutes between the Main Street and Robinson exits on I-35, those of you that are familiar with Norman know that this is only ONE MILE!!!  So we sit, twiddling our thumbs (no pun intended) while we wait out the traffic!  During this time Ty and I are talking about the fact that we are going on vacation to St. Thomas in 3 weeks, and what the heck are we supposed to do if they put his hand in a cast or something?  So, we finally get to the ER and they get us in surprisingly fast.  The ER doctor comes in and says they are going to take x-rays but he is pretty sure it's dislocated.  So, I ask him, what do we do?  Will he have to be in a cast or anything?  Dr. says no, that he will just numb it and pull it back into place and send us on our way. WOW!  So, they did x-rays to be sure it wasn't broken, turns out it wasn't, they give him 2 shots in the finger, pull it back into place, do a few more x-rays and off we go!  WHEW!  No cast, no broken bones, no follow up dr. appointments and no worries for vacation!  Another weekend is over....

No comments:

Post a Comment